Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Thursday, October 2, 2008

October 2

I had read in a book how important it is to talk with your kids one-on-one each day for at least 15 min. So Troy and I decided that we would do ‘pajama talk’ at night just before they go to bed, as this is when they are most talkative. It has been so funny to contrast what Andrew and Parker will talk to us about. The first couple nights, Parker didn’t have much to say and it was hard for him when it was his turn to talk with me because he was sure that Troy and Drew were having fun without him being there. At one of the pajama talks, Parker was anxious to be done so that he could go and talk with Drew and Troy. As we sat down to talk, Parker started to rattle off answers to questions that I had asked him the night before. He said, “My favorite color is red, I like cookies. I love my Spiderman bike and how fast I go. Levi and Zach are my best friends. Can I go now?” Andrew, on the other hand, sat down with Troy that same night and said, “What should I do to prepare to be a teacher when I get older?”
I took Dylan in for his well visit. He is now 13 lbs and 5 oz and is 25 inches tall. It was funny to look at how he compared to Drew and Park. Drew was the same weight but an inch shorter, and Parker was almost a pound heavier but 2 inches shorter. The doctor asked if Dylan was laughing yet. I told him no, and that I hadn’t realized that he should be laughing this early. When we got home I decided to tickle him and see if he would laugh. I started to tickle him and he started laughing. I quickly grabbed the video camera to document this precious moment. As I pushed the record button, and started tickling him. But instead of laughing his bottom lip shot out, he made the saddest face and started to cry.

No comments: