Oh my much neglected blog. How I need to catch up, but even the thought makes me nervous. But here goes a rather bad attempt to make a dent in the past month of our lives. I hope to fill in more details later, and I'll probably post a bunch of pictures and add details about them later. But for now, here are the basics:

Thanksgiving was spent with my sister Kathy, Sarah and her husband Mike, and Troy's sister Michelle. Sarah, Kathy and I made a turkey, which was my first time roasting a turkey, and many other divine sides that all turned out well. I decided it was the perfect Thanksgiving, spending it with some of my favorite people in the kitchen cooking with them.

Sarah, Mike, and Kathy left that night and Michelle stayed until Monday. She was so sweet and watched the boys while Troy went on a much needed date. We spent the days relaxing, catching up, and eating leftovers. Michelle brought her violin with her and we were able to play a duet in Sacrament meeting.


Then Monday afternoon we drove down to Tennessee for Troy's graduation. Now this part will take many blogs to catch up and for photos, but needless to say we had so much fun spending time with some of our dearest friends and it was so sad to leave. But we were so excited to be done with school and move on to the next chapter in our lives.

We got home and each have taken turns being sick, me getting a mix of everything everyone else had and it lasted a week. And through all the sleepless nights, Dylan now has his first tooth.
Troy took his big exam this morning. He studied so hard and for the first time in his life I really saw him nervous for an exam last night. He hardly slept a wink last night and was a little like a deer in the headlights as he left this morning. But when he got home he said that on the test he got the least amount of questions so he either bombed the test or did well. I know that he passed with flying colors.
And now, suddenly I find myself on Christmas Eve feeling like Thanksgiving was just yesterday. I hope to catch up and keep up now that this abbreviation of the last busy month of my life is over.
More to come!
5 comments:
It was good to visit with all of you. We miss you too, but we hope that you have a Merry Christmas. Congrats Troy on completing the test. I am sure you did great!
It was fun to have you all here! I'm still behind on posting our pictures of you guys' trip here as well!
Congratulations Troy! and really to the whole family. Remember when we were back in Orem just talking about doing all this schooling? Now you're done - way to go!
yay
yay
yay
what a great month!
i was happy to see a pic of sarah too. ;-D
Love the picture of Dylan!
Post a Comment