Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dinner

Dinner.

What a love/hate relationship I have with you.

I love to cook, and enjoy trying new things.

I love the satisfaction of knowing I have created something yummy and nutritious.

My boys on the other hand. . .

'P': "This is disgusting."
'A': "Not chili, again!"
And even my sweet little 'D': "No yummy food on me plate."

But last night, there was peace at the dinner table. Thanks to our 'Green Soup'.

Chicken Taco Soup

48 oz can white beans

4 cups cooked shredded chicken (6 breasts)

2 medium onions

4 garlic cloves

1 T olive oil

2-4 cans copped green chilies

¼ t cayenne pepper

6 cups chicken broth (5 cans)

2 t ground cumin

1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese

Cook chicken with one cup of water, one chicken bullion, and chopped onion in crock pot 6 to 7 on low or 3 to 4 hours prior (so it will shred). Combine all other ingredients and simmer 1 hour on high to warm.

Serve with lime chips, jack cheese, lime wedges, avocado, and cilantro.


2 comments:

Adams Family said...

2 nights ago I made your lasagna, yummy. (I just had to go back and look at your blog to see how to spell lasagna, and now I am excited to try this recipe. When I am having a good relationship with dinner that is.

Unknown said...

I love that soup. I want some!!! Miss you!!!