We have had many follow up conversations like this as he tries to think of situations in which I would stop loving him. He always loves to find that I will still love him no matter what.
Yesterday the older two had a dentist appointment. As we were leaving the office, 'D' wanted to be the first in the car. In his excitement, he tripped over my foot. As he was picking himself up (my arms were a little full with my energetic 'W'), he looked up to see 'P' get to the car first. Cue tantrum. He started yelling at and hitting 'P'. I told him that it was okay, and then his wrath was turned on me. He was asking in his most angry voice, "Why did you push me?" etc. I was trying to explain that it was an accident and that he tripped on my foot, when he interrupted me, and asked still in his most angry voice, "DO YOU STILL LOVE ME?"
(First day of preschool)
I loved to see his smile as I assured him that yes, I still loved him.
2 comments:
Love the story! He cracks me up.
Stop making me cry!
Post a Comment