Weston has always been one who needs to feel in control of
his situation. This skill will serve him
well in his life, but at the tender age of 3, it can be a bit of a challenge to
his mother. Bed times, meal times, time
to get in the car really fast because we are running late can quickly turn into
a frustrating time for both Weston and I when he feels that it isn’t ‘time’
yet. But leave it up to Weston to come up with a solution to this problem. For instance, when it is time for bed and he
wants to watch a show or read another book or play with his toys and I have
told him no, he now will say, “How about in the morning?” With this solution, he goes to bed with the
knowledge that he will get to do what he wants “in the morning”. The other day, when I told him it was time to
get his pj’s on, he said, “10 more minutes!”
I said, “No, it time to get them on.”
He replied, “How about 1 more minute?” Before I could answer he counted to 1 and
said, “Okay, now I’ll go get my pj’s on!”
The fireflies have been making nightly appearances in the
backyard, and I may sound like a romantic here, but there is something truly
magical when the boys all go to the backyard and try to catch them. As I stand by the house and watch them in the
fading light darting around with an intense look as they stalk the
firefly. Then to see the smile spread
wide on their face as they catch one. It
is a moment of complete joy to them.
Parker has been struggling to use the potty instead of going in his underwear. I am trying to bribe him with v-bucks but he won't listen to me. I think tomorrow I will sell him to a pet shop
Parker has been struggling to use the potty instead of going in his underwear. I am trying to bribe him with v-bucks but he won't listen to me. I think tomorrow I will sell him to a pet shop
3 comments:
W is going to be a great leader. I don't see him just going along with the crowd.
Ethan saw his first firefly last night. He was enthralled.
Sweet!
Miss you guys! Catch a fire fly for us!
Post a Comment