Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Birthday and Tummy Time

We celebrated 'D’s 6th birthday this week.  For his presents he wanted a rock and stone dig set.  It basically is a block of hardened sand that there is rocks and gems inside.  There is a little hammer, pick and brush that you slowly dig the stones out with. 'D' did his ‘digging’ in the garage, and 'A' went out to check on his progress.  'A' said that 'D' would gently hammer a few strokes, dislodge a few grains of sand, brush them gently away, and then start the process over again.

'D' also wanted a watch, and is quite pleased that the watch he got is a ‘sports’ watch, and loves to show everyone that it states this fact right on the watch band. 

He is really into mazes right now.  We got him a book of mazes, and for his cake he wanted a maze drawn on the top which he could actually do.  I have a very talented friend who makes cakes, and made him his maze cake. 

As I watch 'D' in his interactions with his brothers, he is a great audience to them.  He is quick to laugh, which keeps 'A' and 'P' always eager to keep him laughing.  'D' is so kind and loves to teach 'W' how to do things.  He is so patient.  He brings the softness to all these boys.

'V' is a very happy baby, until I put her onto her tummy for tummy time.  On one such occasion, I placed her on her tummy, to which she loudly protested, when suddenly she rolled onto her back.  A huge grin spread across her face as she realized that she was now onto her back.  Thinking it was a fluke, I placed her back onto her tummy.  Again, she loudly protested.  But not 5 seconds later she was again on her back, and again had a huge smile on her face.  After repeating this ‘exercise’ for 6 more repetitions (place 'V' on her tummy, she loudly protesting, she then rolling to her back, finished with a huge smile spreading across her face) I finally gave up.    

3 comments:

Mike said...

Wow! Rolling over already!

SMAC said...

Did 'D' figure out the cake maze?

Troy and Rach said...

He figured it really fast!