Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 30, 2008

We had our ward Halloween party last Friday, and it was so fun. It is the first ward activity we have attended and it was so fun to be with the ward. The boys had a blast dressing up, doing a costume parade and going trick or treating. Andrew has decided to be Spiderman, and Parker is a Power Ranger. I pulled out the clown outfit that Jorgen and Jill gave us that their kids have worn. Andrew wore it when he was 6 months old, Parker when he was 5 months. I assumed that because Dylan was only 3 months he would fit it fine. I was wrong. He is so long it was more of a short/short sleeved clown outfit.
Andrew the other day was talking to me about getting married. (He must have some cute girls in his class because this has been on his mind lately.) He first wondered when he would get married, and then who he would marry. He then told me that he only wanted to marry someone that went to church. I asked him why. He said that it would just be hard on Sunday when it was time to go to church and he would say, “Come on, let’s go to church.” And she would say, “I don’t have any church clothes.” He says things that are so beyond his years at times.
Drew has had some anxious moments about school lately, but I think that he has worked really well through them. He, unfortunately, felt a lot of pressure from the whole star student thing that he didn’t want to break any rules, and it was really worrying him. He didn’t know all the rules at recess, so he would just sit on a bench instead of playing so that he wouldn’t break any rules. We talked the different rules over, and I think he has felt a lot better about things.
Delinda Wynn and I have started to car pool this week, and Delinda has done the carpool this week. Parker, though, still gets ready every morning with Drew and It has been great to do this as the temperature has dropped to the mid 40’s, just a little to cold to take Dylan out in. It has been drug awareness week school and each day there has been a different theme like red day, PJ day, sweats day, etc. for the kids to dress up according to the theme. Parker has really gotten into it to and has dressed up for red ribbon week. He especially loved the PJ day. The cutest though was one day they didn’t have a theme, so Parker got dressed into jeans, a shirt and even put on his coat for when Delinda came to pick Andrew up. Parker stood in the door, waved goodbye to Drew, shut the door and then asked, “Can I get back into my PJ’s?”
Time flies when you’re having fun! Troy got his schedule for his last month at clinical. We can’t believe that we are at the end of this chapter of our lives. We’ve looked back at the two and a half years and can hardly believe all that has happened, how much we’ve grown, and the many blessings we have received. The Lord has been so mindful of our little family, and He has truly carried us through the toughest times. I’ve been so amazed at Troy and all of the endless hours he has put into clinical, studying, his church callings, and with home life. At the school’s orientation back in 2006 I remember a professor asking me if I was ready to become a widow as Troy was going to be immersed into school. That hasn’t been the case at all. It seems that the more that was asked of Troy and I be it from the church callings or from the demands school, the Lord gave us that much more strength to reach our goals. Troy really rose above the easy way at school. There were many cheat sheets passed around and many people trying to take the easy way out, but Troy always diligently study and put his time in. He was such a good steward of his time and made sure that he wouldn’t have to study on Sunday.
I am so thankful for the many people that helped us along the way. Troy’s parents came to be with us during many hard times to give extra support and love. My parents sent a webcam so we could still talk ‘face to face’ every week. The extended ‘family’ that we have grown to cherish. Meredith and Braden Bell, Jenna and Michael Karren, Gurley and Patsy Rickard, Ken and Bev Atwood, Bro. and Sister Cooper, Wendee Truman, and Delinda Wynn just to name a few. I listened to the Relief Society Broadcast the other day and was truly touched by Sister Beck’s comment on how the Relief Society sisters step in as our mom, grandma, sister when we are away from home. Through my visiting teachers, playgroup, and church there were many women who helped me. Our trails define our characters and I am grateful for all the character defining moments I have had these past 2 ½ years.

2 comments:

Ben and Heidi said...

So where does the next chapter in your lives take you? Are you coming back to Utah? It would be fun to see you again! Logan is a nice place!! lol

The Karrens said...

I got quite the laugh at Andrew. Poor guy worrying to much. If I ever have a girl, he can marry her. I love that he has values already, because of his wonderful parents. I miss those boys so much. I can't wait to give them hugs. I can't believe that you are almost done with school. Time has flown by. I don't know what I would have done without your friendship. I really miss you guys and can't wait to see you in a month.