Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Thursday, October 9, 2008

October 9, 2008

When Troy and I were dating, one night we played a game called TriBond. It’s a game where there are three clues and you have to guess what the three clues have in common. When we were dating, and we played the game, it was beyond me to figure out how the three clues had anything in common, but Troy loved the game. Mainly to do with the fact that he has this amazing gift of remembering random trivia. The other day I was at Goodwill and there was a game of TriBond for $0.99. Knowing Troy’s love for the game I thought that I would sacrifice my ego, and go ahead and get the game even though it makes me feel very dumb. We played it that night and for the record I beat Troy. And then we played it again last night and there was a tie. Troy has attributed it to the fact that Jeopardy comes on as I’m feeding Dylan at night and I’m soaking in that knowledge.
The apartment complex has been repairing some of the sidewalks here, and the other day Troy picked Andrew up from school. As they were walking home, Andrew got ahead of Troy and was running home. Andrew was headed straight towards some of the cement they had just poured. The way Troy describes what happened is so funny. Troy said that it was like slow motion as Troy yelled “SSTTOOPP!!” And Andrew went barreling forward, got halfway through the wet cement, tried to turn around, slopped around for a minute and jumped out. The men pouring the cement got a good laugh out of it, seeing his footprints and his face.
For those who know Andrew well know that he has never like wearing pants or shorts. He is always just in a tee-shirt and underwear around the house. The other night Troy was having pajama talk with Andrew and in the middle of their talk Andrew wanted to change his shirt. Andrew started to take his shirt off, hesitated, and then said, “Don’t look Dad. I’m not modest.”
Andrew has been awarded Student of the Month at school. It’s a school wide thing, and only one child per grade gets this award. He will get a certificate at a PTO meeting on Monday, and then Tuesday morning he and the other kids that were student of the month in their grade will have donuts and juice with the principle before school.
Parker continues to keep us all in stitches with the things he says. The following are this week quotable quotes. “Mom, I’m tired of listening to you speak.” “Mom I don’t like when you say the prayers. They are to long and the butter melts on my toast.” “Do you know why I love you Mom? You’re great!” And my personal favorite was when he was trying to explain something to me and I didn’t understand what he was talking about. He said, “Well Mom, turn your ears on!”
Troy was given a small stipend for his clinical rotation and the secretary that handed him the check said that with some of the money he needed to take his family out to dinner. Troy took us all to the Cracker Barrell. The boys got some pancakes, and after they were done eating Parker saw that there was still half a bottle of syrup left. So he asked if he could just pick the bottle up and drink the rest of the syrup. It reminded me of the movie ‘Elf’.
Dylan is getting more vocal with his ‘oh’s and the boys are often sitting by him in a high pitched voice saying, ‘oh’ so that Dylan will start in with his own ‘oh’s. Dylan has also started to kick his legs and move his arms really fast when anyone is looking at him. Troy always will say, “Show me your tricks.” And then right on cue Dylan will start with his legs and arms, much to Andrew and Parker’s delight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaarrgghhhh!!!!

Robby and Christy said...

Go Tri Bond!!! I'm still the champion!

-Robby-