Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Visit to the Principle's Office

Well, the other day we got a letter from Andrew's school stating that Andrew had missed 14 days of school and if he missed any more days of school Troy and I would have to go and talk with the principle. The note also said that some of the days were unexcused absences, and a whole lot of other things that made me feel as though I was some how failing in supporting Andrew is his schooling. I immediately called the school and talked with the secretary who explained to me that some of the absences were unexcused because I hadn't been specific in my excuse note as to why Andrew was going to be gone. I explained to her that we were attended my husband's graduation in Tennessee and I thought it was a very good excuse to be absent. I then told her the other absences was due to visiting family that we hadn't seen in almost three years. She said that at the elementary there were strict guidelines on absences and that I should really read the handbook. (I'm suppose to be reading a handbook for Kindergarten?) At the end of the conversation she said that if Andrew missed another day we would have to meet with the principle and the guidance counselor. Well on Thursday Andrew got sick and missed school both Thursday and Friday. So although Troy and I were able to stay out of the principles office through school, at the ages of 30 we are being sent to the principles office.

5 comments:

The Karrens said...

They have handbooks in kindergarten? That is so funny. What are they going to do to him is he misses? Andrew is so smart anyway that he can miss school. He has great parents. Glad you had fun and can't wait to see you.

Sandra Nixon said...

oh my! that is insane. Thanks for sharing, i will be sure to read the handbook cover to cover when Jack gets to that point:)

Adams Family said...

Threaten to pull him out and home school the rest of the year. They will usually do anything to keep the kid in the system. ;) I understand there are irresponsible parents but it drives me nuts when they don't think the parents know what is best for their child.

Suzanne said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes. Have to love the politics. I think we need to be on the school board! Is Andrew doing better now?

Unknown said...

What a bunch of felons! Oh wait, I was part of the crime. You visited our house during the time of the absence! Maybe I need to book a flight and meet the principal with you.

"Here's a quarter, why don't you go downtown and find a rat......"