Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 17

I have this fabulous garlic butter topping for rolls that is a favorite in our family. Parker, especially, loves these. He loves them, and will at times, fill up on the rolls instead of eating his other dinner, so I have cut back on the amount that I make at dinner time so that the boys will eat the rest of their dinner, instead of just these rolls. This has not gone over well with Parker, like last night when we had them. I made both boys one, and Troy and I two. Well Parker immediately noticed this, and complained of the injustice of it all. I was telling him how Troy and I are bigger than he is, and that because I am running everyday, my body needs more energy. A minute later Parker got up from the table and started running around the house. He just kept running and running. When I asked him why he was running he said that next time we had rolls, he would need two rolls also because his body would need more energy because he was now running.
Speaking of running, when I got home from my big run on Saturday I wanted to cut Troy’s hair before I showered, but Troy wanted to go to the gym and run some errands before his haircut, so I was a little on the “not so fragrant” side. Parker needed some help which required me to come in close contact with him. After helping him, he looked at me and said, “Mom, did you go running? Because you stink!” I then asked him if I stink a lot. He said, “No, just when you are close to me.”
Andrew started tee-ball this week. His first practice got rained out, so they rescheduled for Saturday. He had a lot of fun playing monkey in the middle and getting to hit the ball off the tee. At school they have been playing a vampire game at recess. Andrew has tried to teach Parker this game, but when I heard the rules and what the vampires do to the other people playing the game, I told the boys that it wasn’t a game that I wanted them to play. Well, the next day I got the phone call that no parent wants to get. It started like this:
“Ms. Bailey? Your son Andrew was playing at recess and . . . . (Let’s pause here to note that at these words I am envisioning the worst. A broken bone, concussion, etc. ) . . . he got bit.”
The office secretary told me that Andrew and some other kids were playing, you guessed it, the vampire game at recess, and one girl got a little carried away and actually bit Andrew on the back. I asked the office secretary if Andrew was okay, and she said that he was, and that the girl that bit Andrew was the one that was crying, because she had to go to the principles office. A couple of days later this girl sent home the cutest apology note, that included her writing that she was sorry, drawing a picture of a heart and putting a band-aid sticker on the heart, and it also had a sticker of the fake chattering teeth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always end up laughing when I read your post!!!!