There was an Elder’s Quorum party last weekend which included a pinewood derby for the Elder’s. The rules were that you couldn’t have a motor on the car but everything else was legal. Troy had planned to race a matchbox car, but when he got to the party and tested his car out on the track, his car was too big. Someone found some extra pinewood cars in a scout closet. So Troy attached the block of wood to the tires and started racing. Now those of you who have had the ‘privilege’ of playing Troy in any game will know that he will go to great lengths to win. He will use manipulation, bribery, play the sympathy card, and frankly I thought that I had seen it all in our 8 years of marriage.
But his cheating was brought to a whole new level that night. He first strapped a foot long crescent wrench to the top of his car, which in addition to making his car 5 inches longer giving him extra weight. But when that wasn’t working, he then taped a ruler perpendicular to the wrench and then taped the matchbox car to the ruler so that when the opponents car came up to Troy’s car, instead of passing his car, the opponents car would then push Troy’s car. And with his matchbox car taped to the top of the ruler, he would pass the finish line first. I was a little worried that out house might have been egged or toilet papered in retaliation, but everyone was a good sport.
5 comments:
That is hilarious! Go Troy!
ha ha ha. That's so funny. Makes me want to get together with you guys again and have a competitive game or two.
Anyone who knows Troy is not surprised! :)
Wow, I have to admit I am a little surprised by those lengths. Go Troy!
Ivan had so much fun that night, especially when the cheating began!
bon
Post a Comment