Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Monday, November 16, 2009

November 16

Troy is still really enjoying his job. He has those cases, though, that hit really close to home. He said that the other day, he was on break when his last case started. The student covering his break had prepped the patient and put the drape around his face by the time Troy was back. As Troy pulled back the drape to check the patient, there was a little 18 month toe headed boy that reminded Troy so much of Dylan. It reminds him of how blessed we are with healthy kids.
We had Andrew’s parent teacher conference this last week. His teacher said that he is doing very well, and we were able to see how he stands with the rest of his class. I have also been able to volunteer with his class, and have enjoyed seeing Andrew in his classroom setting and put faces to the kids that Andrew has talked about.
With volunteering I have traded babysitting with a family in our ward, the Wynn’s. Parker enjoys their 5 year old son, Ben, so much. He counts down the days until it is time to have another play date with him.
Dylan has learned the meaning of the word ‘snuggle’, and when I ask him if he would like to snuggle he will immediately put his head down on my chest and hold still for a minute or so. He knows how to melt all of our hearts.
I was able to go with the youth to do baptisms for the dead this past week. I loved seeing them in that atmosphere and being there for this initial service in the church.

1 comment:

Michelle and Nathan said...

I trade off babysitting so I can volunteer in Daniel's class too. It is really fun and I think every parent should be able to know their kids' school friends.
I love the snugglers too! Mommies need those.