Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Embarrassing!

Well we have all had them, and I have had quite a few. But last night brought my embarrassing moments to another level.

To start, Parker had finished his reading book, and as a reward I was going to take him and his good friend Ben miniature golfing. I thought that I knew of a location for miniature golfing was and we only had about an hour window in which to play, but after driving around for 45 minutes, I told the boys that I couldn't find the golfing place and that we would have to settle on some ice cream and try again tomorrow. Right after I told them that, traffic stopped. After being in traffic for 20 minutes I then had to tell them that we would have to settle on some sugar cookies I had at home. Both of them were so cute and patient. I got them home, got the promised sugar cookies, and then rushed off to our ward's enrichment night.

I arrived a little late and was standing in the doorway looking for a seat. A friend, Natalie, came in late also. I gave her a smile and said hi. After returning the hello she, as any great, true friend would, told me that I had broccoli in my teeth. I thanked her and went into the ladies room. I was so glad that she told me of my teeth and glad that I had escaped any big embarrassment. (I have done it many times, upon returning from a night socializing and give myself a big smile in the mirror only to see in you reflection a piece of dinner there front and center.)

I went back in, I did mention that I was late, and slipped into a seat next to another good friend, Delinda and I told her of my night with Ben and Parker. After listening to my tale, she, again as any good, true friend would, told me that I had something in my left nostril. Laughing, I excused myself, again, to the ladies room. I guess that I had been so interested in my teeth the first time I didn't notice anything else.

Well, I wish I could say that the story ended there. But alas, there couldn't be a through embarrassment if we forgot the third most embarrassing thing. When I got home, my sister Sarah called and as I was in the process telling her of my night I realized that my zipper was down.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have had all three things happen, but not at the same time! Things like this help keep us humble.

Sandra Nixon said...

amazing! it doesn't get any better than that...or worse i guess:)

Michelle and Nathan said...

I think we used to notice those things ourselves before going into public--before we had kids--now I worry so much about if the kids have coats, shoes, backpack, something to eat etc. I often forget to check myself. I nearly walked out the door in my pjs to walk Daniel to school. embarrassing moments are just evidence of a caring mommyh!