Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crock Pot Lasagna

Being in the heart of winter and having a new baby, I don't get out much so I am in need of some serious socializing. There are so many fantastic people in our ward that we want to get to know better. So we made some phone calls and invited two families over for dinner over the weeked. But with 'W', you never know when he is going to want to eat, need a diaper change, or just want to be held. So I dusted off one of my favorite crock pot recipes and threw it into the pot, then I was able to relax until the fun began. (Which was a blessing that I had dinner ready hours before, as the couple in the ward who was in charge of cleaning the building had a medical emergency, so 'T', 'A', and 'P' ended up cleaning the building an hour before dinner.)

This recipe, also brings back special memories to me, because my mom made it for the first time after I took my endowments out at the temple. (There is another 'special' memory when I dropped the crock pot of lasagna down the stairs at my in-law's house, but I'm trying to suppress that memory.)

So, drum roll please, here is the recipe for Crock Pot Lasagna.


Crock Pot SCVT650-PS, 6.5 Qt. with Touch Screen Technology


Slow Cooker Lasagna

1 lb ground beef (I have done 1/2 sausage, 1/2 beef)

1 large onion

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce

1 cup water

1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste

1 t salt

1 t dried oregano

1 pkg (8 ounces) Lasagna noodles

4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese

1 ½ cups (12 ounces) cottage cheese

½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano; mix well. Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-6 quart slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice, top with remaining meat sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Servings for 6-8.

Happy cooking!

3 comments:

The Karrens said...

Love this recipe. You made this for us when we first came out to Nashville and you thought we we not members. It is so good and brings ME alot of good memories with your family.

The Catmull Crowd said...

I loved it when you had everyone make your recipe for one of our HUGE family parties...YUMMY!

aunt kissen said...

Excited to try this one!