Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I've read your Book of Norman

In my post pregnancy fog, I put our social security cards some place really special. Meaning I have not idea where they are. We went to get some new cards today, and the lady at the social security office just could not get over the fact that I am in my 20's, and have four children. As she was imputing our information and saw that I was born in Utah, some light bulbs went off in her head. Her questions went as follows:

Lady: Are you apart of some religious group that encourages large families?

Me: Yes, we are Mormon.

Lady: So are you modernized?

Me: Modernized? What do you mean?

Lady: Well I went to one of your restaurants the other day and you seem more modern than those at the restaurant.

Me: Restaurants, huh? You must be talking about the Amish.

After my response she looked rather embarrassed and kept her questions about getting us new cards.

As I was relating the story to 'T', he told me that when he was on his mission, they were talking with a man about the church. The man proudly told 'T' that he had "read the Book of Norman."

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hilarious!! My good friend's neighbor would argue with my friend about her being Amish, not Mormon- yeah, like we could get that confused!! It was too funny- every time my friend was in her yard, this woman would make some Amish comment and my friend would just laugh and try to explain that she wasn't Amish, but this woman would not relent!

Mike said...

Perhaps she had dinner at the Steak Center?