Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Come What May, I'll Love it.


It's been a month, a sleepless one that is. We've been passing a cold around here, and 'W' has been having some bad nights. I have a firm belief that 'all these things shall give me experience'. And I'm trying to learn from 'these things' so we can close this sleepless chapter and move on. I've had a lot of thoughts during these sleepless nights, and need to write them down somewhere.

1.How did my mom do this 9 times is one thought I have had over and over.

2. When 'W' was crying and there was nothing I could do to help him settle down, it really helped to envision the man he will grow up to be and the amazing effect he will have on this world. It helped me keep my sanity some nights.

3. Elder Wirthin gave a talk entitled, "Come What May and Loving it." I have learned over and over that my happiness depends on me, not on my circumstances. But I had an epiphany one day that even on 3 hours of sleep I can choose to be happy. It was hard at first to find things that I was grateful for on those days, but I'm now trying to live to the motto of come what may, I will love it.

4. My testimony of the atonement has been strengthened during this time to. In that during those sleepless nights of pacing the floor and bouncing, the Savior even understands and comforts me during those times.

Here's to a month with more sleep.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to take this post and print it- I feel your sleepless pain- but this too shall pass, right?!!
I love that talk, one of my ultimate favorites! I must reread it today!!

By the way, thank you for the darling outfit you left yesterday- I wish you would've stopped in- my friend was over, but that was fine too! I love it and can't wait for her to grow so she can wear it!!

Unknown said...

I often wonder the same thing about your mom!

We are proud of our daughters and what a good job they are all doing raising their children!

Michelle and Nathan said...

What a lucky boy to have a mom like you. I know how hard it is to be patient, let alone loving, on little to no sleep. As Dori puts it in Finding Nemo (now you know this is a mom talking..)"just keep swimming!"

Adams Family said...

I read your blog way to late to help but if you happen to have one of those big exercise balls, I used to sit on one of those with Kait and bounce her instead of walk the halls and it helped so much and is waaaay easier on the back. Good luck with things. I think the same thing about my mom allll of the time.