Now, embarrassingly, I am very proud of these talents that I have taken countless hours to perfect, but I find it hard to share these talents with people as they usually don't come up in conversation. In fact, I would be surprised if my siblings knew of my many varied talents.
Well, I have found an audience that I can captivate with these tricks. My children. They love them, and I become cooler with each trick I unveil. One trick they love, and try to imitate, is the sound of the trumpet. I have found the best song to showcase that talent is 'The Hustle', you know the old Disco song.
The other day, when we were putting clean sheets on the bed.
(Let's take a break from our story to give you a 'Rachel cheat'. I hate folding sheets. So when I wash our sheets, I don't get new ones out. I just wash the sheets and put the sheets that I just washed back on the bed so I don't have to fold sheets. A lot of you have probably figured that out, but I hadn't figured it out until about a year ago. Now back to the story.)
My children hate putting sheets back on the bed (haven't figured out a 'Rachel cheat' for that yet), so I have tried various games to make it more fun. On this day, though, I thought I would put on some fun music. The boys had never heard the original version of 'The Hustle', only me trumpeting it, so I cued the song up on the iPod, showed them my cool disco moves, and we danced around while we put their sheets back on their beds. As soon as the song would end, one boy would run over to the iPod to start the song over again.
That night, 'A' was having a hard time falling asleep, so he asked if he could borrow my iPod and listen to some music. Thinking that he would play a bedtime playlist of soft music I put together, I handed him the iPod. Soon, the sounds of 'The Hustle' were blaring from his room, and soon after that, sounds of his snoring were mingled with 'The Hustle'.
1 comment:
Very cool talents! Love the Hustle- I should show that one to my kiddos and get a good laugh too!
I do the same with my sheets- I hate folding, and I don't even have an extra set anyway! Works for me!!
Post a Comment