Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Where Have the Day's Gone

With 'A' and 'P's chores, they have chores according to odd and even days. 'P' is in charge of crossing days off of the calendar so that both of them can keep track of if the day is odd or even.

We had a bit of a rocky start, as in May, 'P' got a little crossing off happy and crossed off an entire week in one day. At that time I knew what day of the week it was, but with my lack of sleep, couldn't remember the date. When I looked at the calendar after 'P' had crossed the week off, I couldn't believe how in a day, it seemed I had literally lost a week. I was quite glad to get that week back.

But now, 'P' is doing great. He let me know the other day that I had been mistaken the last couple of weeks when I was saying that it was summertime, when in fact the first day of summer was on June 22nd.

Then on another day I was talking with my dad on the phone, telling him how excited we are to be coming out to visit in a week. 'P' was close by, listening to the conversation, and quickly reminded me that we in fact had 9 days before we left, not a week.

By the way, this little guy is sleeping a lot better. Hooray!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

P is a smart kid, but just to keep things in perspective, he thinks my name is Duck!

Kelly said...

Love the new family pic, Rachel!! And so glad to hear he is sleeping well!!

SMAC said...

"W" is such a chameleon one minute he looks so grown & the next he still looks so small.