Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Trampoline

Having a dad that works at a children's hospital has a lot of perks in a family of boys. One being that the dinner conversation is anything but boring, as there are always many gross stories to be shared full of bodily fluids, stopped breathing, and the likes.

But there is one huge disadvantage. And that is having a dad that knows the toys that can cause the most injuries. And one of the top toys is the trampoline.

The boys are always lamenting the fact that we will never own a trampoline, that everyone else has a trampoline. And to make them even lamer children, when we visit someone with a trampoline, we as their parents let them jump, but only one at a time. And a parent needs to be watching as to insure no one is rough housing to much.

My children have a hard life.

But 'P' came up with a perfect solution today, as we were driving away from a friends house that had a trampoline. As he was, again, lamenting the fact that we will never own a trampoline, he suddenly perked up and said, "I know when we can get a trampoline! When we are resurrected!"

And there you have it. Yet another perk of having a resurrected body.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love reading your blog! It is like my internet magazine - I pull it up when I need to relax or de-stress. Good job, "R!"

By the way, what other toys are dangerous for kids? I would love to know what "T" recommends avoiding based on his experience.

Unknown said...

Love it!

Michelle and Nathan said...

Maybe a trampoline is included in the heavenly mansion above! :) P.S. I don't want to know what "T" recommends we avoid because I'm sure our favorites are at the top of the list. Ignorance is bliss. (Yes, we do have a trampoline--but we've only been to the ER with our boys one time and that was for Caleb tripping on the back stairs and cutting his chin open.--Not too bad. Knock on wood!)