My favorite outfit to wear to church on Sunday has to be a good old tan skirt and a pair of white knee highs. Easy to mix and match shirts with a tan skirt and the skirt hides sticky finger prints, spit up, etc. I also love the fact that I'm wearing nylons but not really and I can get away with not ironing the skirt every week. Perfect for me with my crew.
But I have run into a problem in that I can't find any white knee highs at my local Walmart. I thought that maybe knee highs was a Utah thing, so on our trip this past month, I made it a point to go to the local Shopko to pick up a pair (or 5) of white knee highs.
I hit the jackpot at the thrift store finding a tan skirt in perfect condition. How could it of been passed over, I thought. But can you believe that Shopko doesn't carry white knee highs anymore? I thought that maybe I was looking in the wrong part of the store, when it dawned on me. That was the fashion in the late '90's early 2000, right at the time I married and started having babies, thus loosing my grip on the latest fashion.
But, much to my delight, I was able to find some knee highs at the distribution center. So you better believe that I got my year supply. And until I can get a better grip on the latest fashion, I'll be here to remind everyone of the fashion from the last decade.
2 comments:
You crack me up! You still manage to wear that fashion far better than anyone I know who did in that time!! You are gorgeous in whatever you choose!
That's funny. I was looking at some clothes at a yard sell the other day and some were very cute and I was wondering why they were getting rid of them. Then I realized that anything going out of fashion is still way more fashionable than what I have.
Post a Comment