(In Grandma's big bed)
I know, it's hard to believe, but sometimes my little monkeys misbehave. (Can you sense the sarcasm in my typing?) I believe and try to give consequences according to the misbehavior. I also believe that when they misbehave it shows that they need practice, sometime lots of practice, using the appropriate behavior.
Like the other day when 'A' was playing ninja with 'P' and 'A' got a little carried away with his ninja moves, 'A' needed to play 3 games of 'P's choice and so he could practice playing nicely with 'P'.
And when they are at each other's throats, the boys get to practice getting along with each other while they clean out a cabinet in the kitchen, all the while using their nicest words. (Next time you drop by, you should really take a look at my kitchen cabinets. They look amazing.)
So during church, when anyone is showing they don't know how to behave during sacrament meeting, we get to go out to the van and practice sitting reverently before we go back into the meeting. The threat of going to the van itself stifled any desire to misbehave. Well, that is, until last week when 'P' scooted over to me on the church bench and said, "Mom, I think I'd rather sit in the van."
6 comments:
Truthfully, there are days I'd rather sit in the van. Actually, I think my kids are my entertainment and I don't always know what to do with myself when they're not around.
I honestly do not believe your boys ever misbehave, and I am dead serious!
Your kids are probably as good as they are cause they get the right mix of love and consequences!
I was pretty tired today and going out to the van and laying down would have felt pretty good.
Your kids are probably as good as they are cause they get the right mix of love and consequences!
I was pretty tired today and going out to the van and laying down would have felt pretty good.
I agree with Kelly- I have never seen your boys even hint at misbehaving!!! Love your tactics....gonna try to impliment that idea better. Ya, sometimes I would rather go to the van too....;)
Love the consequences you come up with - what a good mom you are. I need to try some of your great ideas!
Post a Comment