As I have been reading through the Ensign, I have thought about the 3 different reading phases I have with my Book of Mormon.
The first phase is the reading phase. This phase is where I try and squeeze in my reading anywhere from a verse to a chapter. During this phase I read my Book to check this task off my To Do list. I read the words on the page, but that is as far as it goes in this phase.
The second phase is the studying phase. During this phase I go beyond the aspect of a To Do on my list, but find myself really learning the stories of this precious book. Becoming acquainted with the prophets and their teachings. Learning the chronological order of the my book. I look forward to my daily reading.
The third phase is the pondering phase. During this phase, after I have studied from my Book, I ponder upon the stories I have read. I see the parallels in my life and how I can apply its teaching to my life. I am filled with the desire to become more Christlike. I not only learn of Christ, but come closer to Him, through pondering my Book.
This is the phase I love.
This is the Book of Mormon.
2 comments:
Phase 4 - When your kids are reading your favorite book. Priceless!
Can't wait for that phase!
Post a Comment