My friend, with her amazing voice, gets asked to sing the national anthem at some events here in town. And with the Monster Truck show that came this past weekend, she was asked to sing at the event, and was given 5 tickets to the show. She was sweet and asked if 'A', 'P', and I wanted to come with her and her son.
It was exciting enough for the boys to be going to the Monster Truck show, but little did we know that the night was going to get about a million times better for them. As we were waiting to be escorted to the floor of the arena for my friend to do her sound check, an official from the truck show came over to the boys and asked if they would like to be the judges for the show. 'A' and 'P' looked at me in disbelief. I told the official that it would be fine, and after the sound check we were escorted to the front row of the show. The boys were given monster truck shirts with all the trucks pictures on them and score cards.
They were all set to go, but as the show was about to start, 'P' looked at me with worry in his eyes and he said, "Mom, I can't be a judge. Everyone here will be like 'what is a kid doing judging the show?'" I assured him it would be okay (the official said that she would tell the boys what score to give each truck) and that no one would be worried with a kid judging the show.
The show started and after each truck did its thing, there were 'A', 'P' and their friend up on the jumbotron holding up the scores. By the end of the night, 'P' had loosened up enough to even do a little dance as he was holding up the scores.
3 comments:
Parker is such a crack up! That sounds like a night they will remember for the rest of their lives. Wish I could have seen them on the Jumbotron.
Thanks for another great story!
How much fun! I wish I could have seen it too.
Oh my word, Luke would love that. What a great outing and how fun to get to be the judges!
Post a Comment