Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Birthday Box

My boys have been blessed with truly amazing teachers this year.  I wanted to do something for staff appreciation week, and it being a good season of life I can do this sort of thing, the Birthday Box was born.

I have been following and been inspired by this blog.  I love her style and she gives great tutorials.  So here is my spin on her birthday box idea.


I gave their teachers this box (picked up a hat box at Joanns and put cute paper and ribbon on the outside) with the following poem:


With all the help you give me, day in and day out,
I wanted to give you something that may help you out.

With all the demands on your limited time,
Here is a birthday box for you and your family, if you are in a bind.

There is a banner, a table runner, even a balloon or two.
There’s also a birthday pillow case for a little more ado.

So as a small thank you for all the work you do,
Here the birthday box, and again, just wanted to thank you!


Here is the banner and the link to a tutorial.

  A close up on the details.


'P' had a great idea of having a birthday pillowcase that the birthday person could use for the week of their birthday.  I added one to the box.


The table runner.

I then added some candles and balloons.  Here is it all in the box.

5 comments:

Jaimi said...

Adorable! What an outstanding gift! Plus the fact that you made it just adds to the sweetness. I'm sure their teachers will never forget it.

Unknown said...

What a great tradition you pass on to those teachers. I'm sure they loved both the gift, but especially the thoughtfulness behind it!

Kelly said...

What lucky teachers your boys have! I love this! Far more than I would ever do- so thank you! Wish I could have one!!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

I love it! What a fun box and such a thoughtful gift for someone who puts so much effort into our children. And I love how you added confetti to the banner- makes it so colorful!!
xoxo,
Amy

SMAC said...

So cute & you know it was truly appreciated.