Today is the big '5' for 'D'. He is our little lover, and can't get enough of us telling him how much we love him and how we love everything about him.
So it wasn't much of a surprise to me when few weeks ago he came to me with this song he had wrote and wanted us to sing to him on his birthday. Here are the original lyrics:
"Happy Birthday, I really love you.
I love your birthday, and I really love your cake.
I really like your birthday.
And I really, really love you."
I know, I know. So adorable.
But now picture this. It's time for cake and ice cream. We have some friends over for dinner, and I realize that if I don't sing this song, my sweet loving 5 year old will be crushed. So I do my best to rally the brothers and my husband into singing this song with me. But instead, (feeling more like Will Ferrell on "Elf" as he is singing to his dad. You know, when the dad thought "Buddy" was a singing telegram) I lovingly sing 'D's song.
Happy Birthday 'D'. Did you know I really, really love you?
2 comments:
I Love "D" too!
Happy Birthday "D". You have a great Mom who really really loves you!
Post a Comment