Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15

Hello world! Yes we are still here. Oh, it has been to long of a time since I sent out a weekly email, and I will in no way do our lives justice with this, but here it goes.

Troy is loving work. He has had the opportunity to work on some challenging cases lately, including a preemie baby that weighed a little over 1 pound and some head cases. He has enjoyed the challenge but also enjoys the ‘uneventful’ days. The other day when we were at Sam’s Club we were lucky enough to run into the secretary for the anesthesia department at the hospital. She talked so highly of Troy and how fun he is to work with. She kept telling me that ‘he’s a keeper!’. I couldn’t agree more!
Andrew recently had his 6th birthday. (For details and pictures from his party visit our blog, troyandrachbailey.blogspot.com ) He was really excited for this birthday, but still tells me that he doesn’t quite feel 6 yet. He has spouted off some funny things lately. The other day at dinner, I had made some biscuits. I was trying to get water on the table, get everyone’s food cut up and ready, and Andrew was having a hard time waiting for me to get to his plate so I could butter his biscuit. He finally in desperation said, “I’m waiting for some customer service!” Aren’t we all.
Parker just finished up a 6 week community gymnastics session. He loved it, and I was quite pleased to see him follow directions, and listen during the class. At home Parker is always trying to find some fun, and I was worried that he might want to play with the other kids in the class, but he did very well. We are half way through his reading book, and he is doing well with that also. Parker was reading a story to Andrew the other day, and after he was done, Andrew looked at him and said, “Parker, you read better than some of the kids in my class!”
Dylan’s 6th tooth just popped through on the top. So that makes 4 on top and 2 on bottom. He looks so much older with this new tooth. He can roll very well now, push himself backwards, and has just barely started to push himself forward. He is so fun and cuddly. He is becoming more and more of a momma’s boy. He will still go to Troy though, so that is a relief. He loves to give hugs and kisses.
Andrew had spring break this last week, and it was so nice to have him at home. It was a cold and rainy week, so we stayed inside most of the week. Troy took Thursday off, and with a break in the weather we spent that day at the zoo.
I was trying to train for the Columbus ½ marathon, but this winter with the move, and all of us getting sick, I have had to postpone that until the fall. Sarah and Mike are also training and it is fun to run with them when they come down to visit. Some friends, Suzanne and Mary Anne, and I have been doing our long runs together on Saturday mornings and with that moral support, I am at 6.5 miles!

2 comments:

jenica said...

so happy to read this.
miss you love.
xoxo

Home Management Group said...

I had such a nice time yesterday! Thanks again for lunch & I'm serious about wanting that recipe! Hugs! Bonnie