Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Saturday, May 2, 2009

May 2, 2009

Yesterday I sent the boys outside to get some wiggles out, and as Dylan was sleeping I laid down on the couch to catch my second wind. I was in a deep state of relaxation when Andrew came to the back door basically in a state of hysterics. He kept saying that someone put an egg in our yard. I ran over to the back door to see that he had an egg smashed over his left eye. Not quite being awake yet I was trying to piece together his story. All that he was saying was that someone put on egg in our yard and it broke on his face and now a baby chicken was going to grow in his eye. After calming him down a bit, and removing the ‘baby chicken’ from his face I figured out that there was a robin’s egg underneath the tree in the back yard. Andrew had thought it was an Easter egg (due to the fact that it was blue). He had excitedly picked it up only to have the egg break as soon as he grabbed it. There must have been enough pressure inside of the egg that when he picked it up it exploded. We are just hoping that it didn’t get in his eye and that he won’t get on infection.
Parker did his first scripture in primary on Sunday. In keeping with tradition from my mom I had worked hard with him during the week to have him memorize the scripture. He worked really hard and got it memorized. Andrew and Dylan both weren’t feeling good on Sunday, so I took them home, and Troy went into watch Parker. Troy said that the girl giving the article of faith got up before him. Then Parker got up to give his scripture and Troy said he had the look of a deer in the headlights. Troy went up and helped him remember his scripture, and he did it, with a little help from Troy.
Dylan’s newest trick is going from laying down to pulling himself up to sitting. He does it basically like a sit up. He is working on his 7th tooth, which made for a sleepless night the other night. Dylan can also pick up cheerios and they most of the time find there way to his mouth. He is my snuggle bug, and loves for me, at times, to just hold him and give him loves.
We had such a fun weekend with Sarah and Mike last Friday and Saturday. Mike and Troy have enjoyed playing their guitars together. They are both so sweet with the boys and play games with them almost every waking moment. We went to Blacklick and enjoyed a run together, and as always stayed up way past bed time talking.

No comments: