Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7

The other morning, as I was cleaning the bathroom, Parker asked me the following question, “Are mom’s magic?” I told him no, and then I asked him why he thought mom’s were magic. He said that mom’s are really good at fixing problems and that they play really well. It reminded when Troy and I were first married, Troy would want to go fishing or on a hike, and I would want to get some chores done around the house. In an effort to get us out the door Troy would say, “Come on Rachel, let’s just go. The magic will get the house clean.” It was then that I had to break the news to him that I, in fact, was that magic that got the house clean when he was at work.
Dylan has learned the art of a fake cry. I don’t remember Parker or Andrew learning that skill this early. But the other day I figured out where he had learned this skill. I was unloading groceries from the back of the car. Parker, at this moment, was in the middle of a meltdown, and from my vantage point, I could see Dylan’s face intently studying Parker’s face as he was melting down. Dylan is a very fast learner.
Andrew has been doing very well in his reading at school. Mrs. Gable has sent home some books for Andrew to read, and then he takes an AR, accelerated reading, test. The test sees how his comprehension is on the book. I think Andrew has done at least 5 of these, and scored 100% on all of but one of them.

3 comments:

Home Management Group said...

Way to go Andrew!

Braden Bell said...

Meredith has been gone this past week and I've been the mom--and I totally hear you about the magic thing!

Abbey said...

You do have very bright boys. Parker blew me away in primary when he said the article of faith from memory. You are an amazing mother.