Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11


Oh, what a wonderful life this is. Even though I haven’t been good at writing my emails and blogs, I have been jotting down funny things that have happened to our family, and just reading them makes me laugh all over again. Here are the follow looks into our little life:

The other day Parker and Drew were playing, and they bonked heads as they were playing a game. It was Parker’s turn, but he was a little preoccupied as he was crying. The following is his and Drew’s conversation.
Drew: Parker, do you want me to take your turn?
Parker: Crying
Drew: Parker, I would prefer a yes or no answer.

Parker finished his reading book. For a reward he wanted to take his friend Ben to a movie, but he really wanted it just to be him and Ben. This means no Mom. I was trying to explain to him that I couldn’t just drop him off at the movie because of safety reasons. Parker sat and thought for a minute, then came up with the following suggestions.

1. Ben’s mom could take them. (That one stung a little.)
2. I could just stand in the shadows. (Not any better)
And last but not least
3. I could sit in a row behind them off to the side. (At the age of 4, I am already not cool.)

Parker was playing the other day with Dylan. Parker came running in and said, “Mom, Dylan knows how to say ‘No’ and ‘Stop’! For some reason Dylan only says these words to Parker.

There have also been some very tender moments to. The other night Drew and I went to Monster Trucks. I couldn’t tell what was better, to watch the trucks or Drew’s face. By the time we got home it was 11:00. I was trying to get Drew in bed as fast as I could when he said, “Mom, we need to read scriptures.” Thinking this was just a stall tactic, I told him that we would just read double the next night. Drew started to cry, and said, “But Mom, since we have been reading scriptures at night, I haven’t had any scary dreams. I don’t what to have one tonight.”

Drew was also chosen to be student of the month for Kindness for his class.

Every day at lunch Parker scoots his chair right next to mine and says, “Mom, it’s your lucky day.”

Hope your enjoying the wonderful moments in your life!

1 comment:

The Catmull Crowd said...

your boys are so stinking cute! fun stories!