Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Christmas in March

I always get the most creative Christmas letter's from our friends each holiday season. My mind fills with letter's I could write and cute family pictures I could take. But then reality settles in, and we try and sit down as a family to take pictures, and Andrew is in a 'posing' mood.


Dylan is just not very interested in a group shot but would prefer just a picture of himself.

And for 85% of the rest of the pictures, Parker is checking out what his brother's are doing.

I had our letter put together at the beginning of December, but we just didn't get a very good family picture to send with it. But lest I deprive you all any longer, here is our Christmas letter.

What a wonderful year it has been for us. And it all started with a significant ending. On December 4, 2008 Troy graduated with his Master’s degree in Nursing from Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia. Words cannot express how proud I am of him and all the hard work, time, effort, and many more things that he did during that time. I believe that out of the hardest times come the sweetest memories, and we have an abundance of them during our 2 ½ years of schooling. But as sweet those memories are, sweeter is this time with school done!

Troy took his exam on December 24th (yes, Christmas Eve), and of course passed with flying colors. He then transitioned very smoothly to the children’s hospital that he had been doing his final clinical at for the previous 7 months. He has continued to enjoy working there this past year, and even though feels challenged, loves the challenge. He currently is serving as executive secretary in the ward.

I enjoy staying home with the boys, filling our days with trips to the park, grocery store, and bike rides. I ran my first half marathon over Labor Day weekend with my sister Sarah and her husband Mike. It was a goal of mine for a long time, and it was an awesome feeling to accomplish it. I am serving in the young women’s, and love the girls I serve more and more each day.

Andrew is in first grade and is doing so well in school. In the spring he played on the city’s t-ball team and then in the fall played on the soccer team. He really enjoyed both, and when I asked him what sport he preferred I could really see his personality in his answer. He said that he enjoyed t-ball more than soccer. As I thought about it I could see that in t-ball people were not running at you to steal the ball from you. He loves to read, draw, play the piano, and rough housing with his brothers.

Parker has really blossomed this year. He has finished the reading book I did with Andrew, and is now trying to read everything. He did gymnastics in the spring and soccer in the fall. He is such a teaser, and I worried about how he would do in a structured environment. As I would peek into his gymnastics class I was always so relieved to see him standing still in the line and listening to his teacher. He loves to do puzzles, build legos, listen to music, and laugh.

Dylan is our snuggler. He is trying to run, to keep up with his brothers, loves to be chased, tickled, cuddled, sung to, and held. He does a few signs, but the only words he says on a daily basis is, “Uh, oh” and “No!!” said in a very high, loud voice. He amazes us at what he understands when we are talking to him and loves to help us clean up. I have to do a random check of the garbage, though, as he is very good at throwing things away.

It is humbling to look back at the year, and see how richly blessed we have been. I feel Heavenly Father’s blessings in my life daily and am so grateful for his gospel and the gift of his Son.

May this season bring you joy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though it's a late Christmas letter, it is as precious as all your post are. Thanks for not thinking it was too late!

Lexie said...

I love reading the update about all the amazing things you guys are up to and I'm so glad you made it through February. Ohio in Feb. can be tough! I'm laughing at the 30 inches of snow though, because we got that in 1 storm this year, snow just must like to follow us. Hopefully your snow is done for the year and you'll get a lovely Spring!