
We made it through February. They said that
We enjoyed many visits with Sarah and Mike. Our normal routine when they come down is that Saturday morning we start with a run. Then
Andrew is coming on his last months of 1st grade. He has mixed feelings about school, and I’m having a hard time putting my finger on why some days he would rather not go. My only thought is that his friendships are getting a little more complicated. He will often come to me and say, “Mom, I’ve got a problem.” He will then tell me how someone acted or what someone said. I will then talk with him about solutions, and then he feels better about things.
I’m trying to enjoy these last months with Parker before he starts school. He keeps me laughing with his ideas, and we talk almost the whole day about something he is thinking about.
Dylan is now running, trying to jump, and smooshing his way into everyone’s heart. His new ‘trick’ is when someone, other than his family, says ‘Hi’, he will close his eyes and give them a big smile. He loves to play outside, and is at the point where he can play in the backyard by himself, not needing me to entertain him. His favorite things are to play in the mud and to dig in the dirt. So outside time is usually followed by a shower, another favorite thing of his. He started nursery in January and really enjoys it. I love this stage of life where all the kids go to their own classes on Sunday and
4 comments:
I can't believe how big Dylan is!!!!!
Pyper used to like to go to school, but I think she's figured out that it's more fun to stay home and play than go and sit in a chair and listen.
Sometimes when we were in the middle of raising you girls, it seemed hard and hectic, but looking back I also realize how much we enjoyed all of you and your antics as well. You both are doing so well as parents! We are proud of you!!!!
I wish we lived close, between my 3 boys and yours they would tunnel their way to China and constantly be covered in mud and dirt--but I'm sure they'd love playing together.
Post a Comment