There was Valentines Day, with exchanging of Valentines with each other, sugar cookies and decorations. (My mom and sisters would decorate in a different room each day and leave the decorations up for the duration of our stay. It was quite a site by the end of the trip to go from one room to the next looking at each holiday.)
We had Easter. My mom hid Easter eggs in the back yard, and we had an Easter feast for dinner.
(Andrew's cool shirt is due to the skit that we had done earlier in the day. He loved his costume so much he wore it the remainder of the day.)
There was Thanksgiving. And yes, my mom cooked a Thanksgiving dinner including turkey, rolls, yams, potatoes, etc.
Of course Christmas with our traditional KFC meal, Sprite, and chocolate milk. You have to try it. My mom made us stockings and we got gifts.
We also were there for my birthday, so my mom made me a cake and Corey made my birthday dinner. I got balloons, and went shopping at a fabric store for a quilt.
We also spent a day up in
In our ‘spare’ time we picnicked at parks,


did puzzles, the boys played the Wii, and one of Troy’s favorite things was going hiking with my dad. He had been planning and planning this hiking trip for the whole summer. Let it be known that
3 comments:
Sounds like fun. I guess you come by your fun creativity naturally. I would have loved to have seen all of the holiday decorations.
Tell Troy I have already doubled my workout time, subscribed to Fly Fisherman, work part-time at Angler's Inn and am leading an expedition to the 5 tallest summits in the Himalayas (Everest being the highest of course.) Bring it on Troy!
I never knew you blogged! How could I have been so out of the loop! I also totally forgot you were going to Utah! Terrible friend I am!
Glad you are having such a great time- and hope you don't mind me following your blog!
Post a Comment