Bailey Family

Bailey Family

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The verdict is in. . .

Well, the verdict is in, and I think we all agree that Mr. W is a keeper. A and P were fans from the start. Neither one can get enough of their baby brother. Each begging to hold him (that last as long as 30 seconds each time they get W in their arms) and will do any small task I ask, without complaint, if it has to do with helping W.
As for D, he frankly just wouldn't acknowledge the presence of W in the beginning. D wouldn't look at, talk to, kiss, or sit by W. But after the first initial shock wore off, D has now kissed, talked to (as in when W is crying, D will walk up to him and suggest to him, "Go nigh, night baby".) And now every night as I bathe W, D comes running upstairs to "help" me get W in the bath.
I'm still a bit in the fog of sleep deprivation, but W has now started to smile, and that makes getting up at all hours of the night worth it.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Can't wait to hold the chubby little man!! Thanks for calling today- oh, and I LOVE the Christmas decorations gift idea- we may have to give that a try next year!